Sunday, August 16, 2026

Fessée Therapy, part 1

Twenty two and unattached, I am transferring to the Whippingham agency of the Bank of London. All of my colleagues refused that posting, they called it a first class burial. I took it because it came with a promotion, and the sale of my London studio would allow me to buy a house or invest, plus the Mini Cooper convertible I always wanted.

Upon stepping down form the train at the Whippingham Station, and pulling my suitcase down Connaught Avenue to find the apart-hotel reserved by the bank, I wasn't disappointed. It was much more than a village, more precisely the county seat, and a market town with plenty of shops and etc...
 
The young receptionist welcomed me with a wide smile. "Welcome to Whippy Miss Clark, we have upgraded you to a two room apartment with a larger kitchenette."
 
I signed the register with Abigail Clark instead of Abi Clark. The small elevator took me to my temporary abode with a superb view of Saint Mary's church.
 
I unpacked, and after a lovely dinner at the hotel's restaurant I slept till awakened by a spanking red cardinal on my window ledge. What a change from the grey London pigeons!
 
Since I have a week off till starting my new job, I went to buy my Mini Cooper. At the garage, I froze in front of a red vintage Triumph Spitfire.
 
A young man approached. "Isn't it a beauty, in mint condition, with a one year guaranty!"
With a wide smiled I suggested. "Less 10% and two year warranty for cash."
"I'll ask my father..."
 
An hour later, I was exploring the countryside with the top down. The Spitfire did spit fire, and it had been much cheaper than a Mini Cooper. 
 
I ended the day with visiting the local Tesco to fill up the fridge of my apart-hotel.

Next day, I visited a real estate agency. "Good morning Ma'am, buying or renting its your lucky day, we have two great opportunities!"
 
I rented a lovely fully furnished semi-detached house with a garden on the edge of town, and the next few days were spent moving in...
 
Monday morning I started my new job with introducing myself to the branch manager. A very nice gentleman close to retirement.
 
"You are to join our credit department, Miss Morrison my deputy will introduce you to your colleagues."
 
It was a much better promotion than I expected. Instead of sitting behind a counter to deal with grumpy customers, I had a small office of my own.
 
I took pics of my house, car, office plus a few more of the town, and sent them to my ex colleagues and Mom. 
My ex colleagues teased. "Any pubs in your wilderness?"
 
Mom told me that Pop would be proud. I remembered how he had taken down my knickers for his belt... and I feel like I ow him to retake my Chartered Accountant Certification.

I had tried the first certificate and flunked with it 67%, only 3% short. I'll retake it! I daydreamed, with the three certificates I could head a department...
 
First thing first, investing the money I got from the sale of my London studio, and second to register for an online prep...
 
./.
 
After three months I had well settled into my new job. I was wearing miniskirts just like my colleagues, although not as daring as them, and we laughed for the frowns of Miss Morrison.

I had suggested a variable loan rate according to the credit standing of the borrowers. It meant lending at a slightly higher rate for those with a lesser standing.
It proved to be a feather to my hat as it meant pinching quite a few customers from other banks, and Miss Morrison offered Champagne!
 
Camilla, my next door colleague flunked her second level accounting certificate. I assured her that she will have it next time. She asked to be off the next morning, and rejoined us for lunch with a contrite pout and she seemed to be rubbing her bum...
I had offered to help her, and was quite surprised at the way she had prepared her following online lessons.
 
Then it was time for me to retake my first Chartered Accountant certification exam.  Everyone, and Miss Morrison nicely wished me the best of luck.
 
I had to drive to Chesterfield for the nearest exam center, thankfully it wasn't more than an hour away.
 
180 multiple-choice questions, divided into two sessions of 135 minutes...
 
Next day I was back in office, and started counting the days till the verdict. I was on nerves, and quite surprised by Miss Morrison being as supportive as the girls...
 
Abigail
To be continued...
./.
 
Oaks and Pines Role Play Game

 You are invited to join our free online role play game 



 
 Complete that form and send it to 
 oaksandpines@hotmail.com

  (Adults only)
  
./.

Please click the above pic to visit our website...
 
./. 

No comments:

Post a Comment