Sunday, May 23, 2021

Eilean Beithe part 5

A few months later, winter was around the corner and we were issued thicker kilted skirts. Amanda laughed, "Whoa! They are almost longer !"

Mr McTavish, our Principal, announced that we would be spending the weekend in Edinburgh to visit its castle and the Scottish National Gallery.

We enthusiastically rose earlier because of the drive. We were thoroughly inspected. We all had to raise our skirts to show that we are wearing white uniform knickers. Quite a few gathered flaming red hand prints, and had to re-polish their Mary-Jane shoes.

Breakfast was sandwiches onboard our coach. With a four hour drive time was precious. The small meandering Scottish roads didn't help. We sang all the silly songs we could think of,

"One hundred girls sitting on a fence...

A boy telling his mate, that one isn't wearing any knickers !

She is a brunette !

Ninety nine girls sitting on a fence,

A boy telling his mate, that one isn't wearing any knickers !

She is a red head !"

We dozed off... We waited for the single onboard loo... We dozed off... We stopped at a rest stop and there's was a bus load of boy scouts. Juniata lead us into again singing, "One hundred girls sitting on a fence..."

"OH! OUCH!"

She didn't go further, Miss PE had smacked her skirted derriere ! The boys laughed, and she blushed as she hurriedly retreated onboard our coach.

It was 10 AM when we parked in front the imposing Edinburgh castle.

After the threatening spikes of the portcullis, we started our visit from the high grounds with the spectacular views of Edinburgh from the different walls. Our history professor commented, and he was great as he explained the special relation between Scotland and France. We continued with St Margaret's chapel, and eventually entered the Royal Palace to discover the private apartments, the Stone of Destiny, and the Crown Jewels. When the one o'clock gun was fired. It was time for a snack of fish and chips...

Then we returned to the palace to continue our visit with the Great Hall, the Queen's collection of embroideries and the kitchen ! Our professor explained, "A girl needed a minimum of manners to be a chamber maid... and the lady of the manor's maid would know how to read and write... girls without education worked in the kitchen as scullery maids, washing pots and pans..."

There was a sign for "Caution wet floor !" and I had already stepped in soapy water. The floor with old polished stones was indeed quite slippery. While our profs weren't looking I felt silly and did a Holiday on Ice number. Sally also stepped in the water and joined me for a Rock Around The Clock dance while our friends kept watch.

Sally slipped but she didn't fall. I did as she had let go of my hand. I took down a few old copper pots and a pan with me. The noise was deafening ! Our faculty caught up with us. They weren't too happy.

Miss PE grabbed my ear as if I was ten, and pulled me behind the curtain with the sign reading "Adults only !" I discovered a drawing that didn't require a caption.

(Not an EB drawing...)

The small window less room offered an old trestle and some antic contraption that looked like two chairs set back to back. Miss passed sentence, "Misbehaving scullery maids were birched, and you are going to found out how it felt like !"

She picked a small birch from a nearby hook, pulled me down over those chairs, raised my skirt, pulled my knickers down to my knees and whipped me. I got ten strokes and I tried to keep quiet, but eventually bawled when she smacked my upper thighs,

"OH! AH! AIE! OUCH!"

I knew that visitors would hear me, but I couldn't help it.

"OH! AH! ARGH! AIE! OUCH!"

Then she pushed me out of the kitchen's punishment room with my knickers still around my knees, and grabbed Sally by one of her braids. I hurriedly pulled up my knickers and rubbed. I was surprised that I wasn't worse for wear beside having a super fiery bum. Although I had received only ten strokes I had a very good idea of what it was like to be birched as a scullery maid !

Sally was as loud as me and a few visitors poked their heads into the kitchen's doorway. They saw me frantically rubbing, and there was no place to hide my shameful blush.

Moments later our party left the kitchen. Sally and I were red face and trying to be as discreet as possible when rubbing our skirts over our blazing derrieres. We also tried to refrain from rubbing when we came across more visitors, but they all seemed to have knowing grins. We understood that the whole castle had heard us, and we blushed the more.

Jenny

To be continued...

You are invited to play with us !

 We have a new website !
https://oaks-and-pines.com/


You will find an Application Form in the pages of this blog
 Complete that form and send it to oaksandpines@hotmail.com

(Adults only)

 Please click the above pic...

4 comments:

  1. Another fun part to the story coupled with the excellent artwork.

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Unfortunately no, I've just recently made the account on here to communicate my appreciation for your blog.

      I do have a tumblr but that site is a complete mess compared to what it used to be.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful second drawing by EB - papa is real mad! The cane or strap is pending, any God darn second! Boo-Hoo! That is how y'all daughters gotten chastised!

    I soooo love the EB drawings, B. They are really beautiful & also so visceral, capturing the moment of corporal punishment that we all gotten in yore. They take me right back to my childhood whippings from mom (& pop sometimes) of the 1960s & early 70s, and then also to discovering these drawings - first time around, at editorial production & launch - in Janus & Roue in the 1970s and early 80s, when I was a student.

    When I see lil' princess brats throwing tantrums in the store or mall, hitting their poor, superhero moms & ranting with potty-mouthed "LIKE, WHATEVER!! tirades, I lament that they will not end up, (sentenced to a good, Ol' fashioned, soundly smacked bottom) like the girl in EB's second, pencil drawing here...but will alas, spend some quality time on the comfortable naughty step!

    In the 1960s, when sister & I misbehaved we always ended up like the girl in EB's black n white drawing - over the sofa, rather than two chairs (ha-ha!) and never in our birthday suits, but yes, our chubby, soft botties were as bare for the required punishment, as the moment we were born for sure!!!

    The botty smacker in or house was a quality, thin, flexible, rattan cane. It was much-feared & best avoided. On our bare, ultra-sensitive, young botty cheeks, the cane stung like absolute hell on earth. Well, yes, that was the whole darn idea of a whooping from mother: "It is punishment, Brenda!" As mom used to say, in her Spartan, scary, God-fearing, matter-of-fact fashion.
    "And a stinging bottom right now will stop you getting into trouble when you gotten older" she would say. YUP! Parents who care, cane! It was simply harmless, salutary, normal & necessary, B.

    New film by Pandora Blake - dearest, B, do check out a new film today (albeit produced a decade ago!) on Dreamsofspanking.com "Proof of Innocence". It is awesome and I love it :-)
    It's a free, 25 minute masterpiece. Patience is a virtue, already!

    The lovely, wry humour & schadenfreude is quite unbearable ha-ha! And I so covet its authentic context & content. Spoiler alert - you will probably guess the plot, B :-)

    The no-nonsense film, albeit schoolgirl themed, so sharply translates into how my sister & me gotten the cane from mom back in in our 1960s childhood yore, AKA Tough Love or Spanking with Love (as the church folks called it):
    Process: sentenced to a smacked bottom, maternal scolding, some further minor, delayed scolding (for effect) ready for the crucial "hands on head" baring process...knickers pulled down and poor princess protests ignored (panties down only to knees), a firm baker's' dozen on bare white botties with the rod in front of God (cue red botties), a bunch of screams & wailing with the sting of course, knickers pulled back up, dresses smartened down. Punishment over. Crying n sniffling a bunch. Forgiveness granted. Then we gotten sent to our rooms.

    The film has no unrealistic, fantasy farce or bizarre moments, just sober sombre CP, AKA soundly smacked bottoms that y'all naughty daughters gotten in yore! Check it out, B :-)
    Bug hugs & smackies, B.
    Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete